Monday, October 8, 2012

PASTA FOR BREAKFAST?



I am always on the lookout for new and exciting breakfast ideas. It is so very easy to get stuck in a rut with the same ole, same oles: eggs, cereal, toast. One thing I like to do is take a rice stir-fry with veggies from last night's dinner and have that with an egg and fruit on the side. That way I am getting veggies first thing in the morning!

So I am on a campaign to find some new healthy breakfast ideas and am asking you, my readers, to email some ideas to me which I can try and then possibly print in this column. I love your ideas and those of you who have written to me have had some good ones.....thanks so much for your input.

I do make another breakfast recipe which is famous in Los Angeles at Hugo's restaurant and this is a great way to use chilled pasta (yes, pasta for breakfast!). If I make a pasta dish which calls for a half a pound of pasta I then cook the whole pound and chill the rest for this yummy dish. If I get all ingredients chopped and ready to go the night before, it is a slam dunk! Enjoy!

MAMA PASTA like Hugo's

Warm Pasta 6oz (can be leftover, then heat slightly)
2 Eggs, beaten + 1 TB water
1 TB Olive Oil
1 TB melted Butter
4 cloves minced Garlic
1 tsp of Mixture Herbs (see below)
2 TB parsley, minced
Grated Parmesan cheese

Herb Mixture: mix ¼ tsp each of onion powder, oregano, garlic powder and a pinch of cayenne. Add pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well. Then use one tsp. of this mixture.

Get all ingredients ready as this goes fast!

  1. Heat oil and butter in pan over medium-low temp.
  2. Add garlic and 1-2tsp Herb Mixture, stir and saute for 2 min.
  3. Add parsley, then warmed Pasta, stir to mix and warm.
  4. Add beaten eggs with water and stir until almost cooked.
  5. Add Parmesan cheese, finish cooking, serve immediately.
  6. Serve with fresh cut fruit

ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment